The Bush Box
An Australian Picnic by Saltbush Kitchen
Available every weekend in March for in-store pickup
To celebrate the Ballarat Begonia Festival, we're putting together bushfood picnic boxes that locals can pick up on weekends from our Buninyong store. If our store isn't able to open on your pick-up day due to Covid-19 restrictions we'll deliver to you instead.
The Bush Box is packed full of Australian flavour and will feed 2 people! It comes packed in a fancy take away box with plates, cutlery and napkins.
The Bush Box includes
- Australian labneh with saltbush, mountain pepper and aniseed myrtle
- House made crisp breads with native pepperberry
- Pickled carrots with native thyme
- Wattleseed, lemon myrtle & French onion dip
- Quandong paste
- Native spinach and macadamia pesto
- 2 little fresh rolls with a fancy wattleseed chicken mix
- 2 bushfood cakes made by local cake queen Sara Kittelty
Feeds 2 people. BYO drinks, picnic rug and conversation. Eat the Bush!
- The Bush Box is available every weekend in March
- Pre-order online only
- Collect from Saltbush Kitchen in Buninyong between 12pm and 3pm
- Cakes will change weekly depending on what is in Sara’s garden
- Sorry, no changes to the menu