A crowd-pleasing dip for every occasion.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tomato
- 300gm red capsicum
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 big clove garlic smashed and chopped (or 2 small cloves)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon myrtle
- Cracked pepper (3 turns)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepperberry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan-forced.
- Cut the capsicum & tomato into 4, removing the cores and seeds.
- Rub oil over capsicum & tomato, sprinkle over the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt flakes* and the brown sugar. Roast for 35 to 45 minutes until soft to touch. Allow to cool, remove the skins.
- Using a food processor, combine the capsicum, tomato & garlic, lemon myrtle, pepperberry, sour cream, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt flakes*. Blitz until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Because this dip uses sour cream, it's always best to keep it in the fridge until you're ready to serve, this will keep it nice and firm.