This is a fun and easy recipe, great to make with kids. It makes a delicious chocolate bark infused with native peppermint gum.
Perfect for gifts at Easter and Christmas! (makes 300gms of bark)
- 200gm dark chocolate buttons
- 100gms white chocolate buttons
- 1 teaspoon native peppermint gum
- 1 little pinch of salt
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate buttons, salt & peppermint gum. Microwave for 30 second intervals until melted.
- Stir until the chocolate is smooth. Pour chocolate onto the tray and smooth out with a spatula to 3mm thickness.
- In a separate bowl, melt white chocolate buttons, stir until smooth and then drizzle over the dark chocolate. Using a spatula, gently make vertical lines to mix the white chocolate through, creating a bark like texture.
- Pop in the fridge to set completely. Once set, break apart by hand into shards.