This marinade uses The Bush Rub by Saltbush Kitchen, a tasty, smoky spice rub that features native kunzea, lemon myrtle, beetroot & smoked salt. This marinade can be enjoyed with many veggies, my favourites are pumpkin, zucchini and eggplant.
(Recipe makes 400gm, about 2 cups)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 5mm pieces
- 1 cup (180gm) pumpkin, diced into 1cm pieces
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon The Bush Rub
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon diced red chilli (about ¼ of a chilli)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 clove garlic, diced finely
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 210°C / 190°C fan-forced.
- Toss pumpkin with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes until cooked.
- While pumpkin is cooking pan fry the zucchini and prepare the marinade.
- In a large bowl combine 4 tablespoons of olive oil, The Bush Rub, lemon juice, chilli, garlic, coriander and a pinch of salt. Whisk to combine.
- As soon as the pumpkin and zucchini are cooked add them to the bowl of marinade.
- Whilst still hot gently stir the veggies through the marinade until well coated.
- Serve at room temperature.
- If I serve this the next day, I stir through another squeeze of lemon juice and 1 more tablespoon of chopped coriander.