A favourite recipe from Buninyong chef and friend of Saltbush Kitchen, Di Ray from The Shared Table. These fritters are great for breakfast with eggs, or for a light lunch with salad.
Di says you can be a little loose with the recipe – as fritters are all about using up the leftovers in your fridge! Don’t have corn or beetroot? Use another veggie!
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- ½ teaspoon Kunzea
- ¼ teaspoon bicarb soda
- Pinch of salt (go The Good Salt!)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels.
- 1 cup grated raw beetroot
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan.
- ¾ cup sliced spring onions
- ½ cup shredded Wakame Seaweed (optional)
- ¼ cup Fresh mint or parsley roughly chopped (optional)
- Mix all wet ingredients together to form a firm batter.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in separate bowl.
- Gather and prepare all herbs and vegetables.
- Mix all ingredients together until batter is evenly distributed.
- Heat a pan on medium, add vegetable oil and then place ¼ cup of batter into hot pan. Flatten slightly.
- Turn over when crispy on one side and cook other side, approx. 6-8 mins in total.
- Put on a rack in oven on low heat to keep warm.