125gm unsalted butter
- 125gm cream cheese block
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons kunzea
- ¾ cup self raising flour sifted
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon lemon myrtle
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160c fan forced (180c no fan)
- Grease a 20cm Bundt cake tin
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, kunzea, eggs, flour and lemon zest. Continue mixing until well combined.
- Pour mixture into tin. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing. In a bowl add icing sugar, butter, lemon myrtle and lemon zest. Whisk to combine and gradually add the lemon juice until you have a thick smooth icing.
- Spoon icing over the cool cake allowing it to drop deliciously down the sides.