A favourite in winter time. This roast lamb recipe combines familiar flavours with Australian native pepperberry.
Serve with our Saltbush Roast Spuds for the perfect Sunday roast.
Prepare your lamb ahead of time to maximise the flavour. I like to marinate mine for at least 3 hours.
- In a small bowl combine the spices, salt, garlic and olive oil. Stir well to combine
- Pierce your lamb. I do this with a knife or skewer evenly over the lamb (this helps the marinating process)
- Pour your spice and oil mix over the lamb and rub in thoroughly to cover the entire lamb
- Set aside in the fridge to marinate for at least 3 hours
- Remove from the fridge about 45 minutes before cooking
You can cook your lamb your favourite way. This is mine.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cook the lamb for 25 minutes per 500gm (aiming for 60 degrees internal temperature)
- Baste the lamb at least twice through the cook
- Remove from the oven and baste one last time with the juices
- Cover with foil and allow to sit and rest for about 20 minutes before serving