The secret to great roast spuds is parboiling. This creates tasty, fluffy spuds that will crisp up beautifully. Prepare your fluffy spuds and allow to dry and cool before roasting.
Makes 16 spuds
- Add your spuds, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 whole garlic clove to a saucepan of water
- Bring to the boil and continue cooking for about 8-10 minutes or until almost cooked (they will still feel firm when pierced with a knife)
- Drain thoroughly, shake and toss the spuds until they are roughed up and fluffy
- Set aside to dry and cool
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- In a small bowl mix The Good Salt and spices together.
- In a larger bowl toss your parboiled spuds, the spice mix and olive oil, ensuring an even coating
- Spread spuds out on a roasting pan and place rosemary in between the spuds
- Peel and slice your red onion and add to your tray (the onion is optional, I just like it)
- Cook for 45 minutes
- Season with salt to serve (optional)