A decadent sweet treat with native peppermint gum & dark chocolate - best friends in the bushfood world.
These sweet treats are the perfect combination of dark chocolate and the minty delicious flavour of peppermint gum with a hint of eucalyptus. Easy to make and sure to impress any chocolate addict!
- 200gm Dark Chocolate
- 125ml cream
- 25gm Butter
- 2 tsp Peppermint Gum
- 40gm good quality dark chocolate powder
- A least 2 hours before preparing this recipe infuse the cream with one teaspoon of peppermint gum.
- Place all the ingredients in a heat proof bowl and place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (keep the water level low, away from the base of the bowl).
- When all ingredients are almost melted remove the bowl carefully and place on the bench. Immediately stir to combine until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Pour into a container & refrigerate for at least 4 hours until set.
- Once set. In a small bowl combine chocolate powder and one teaspoon of peppermint gum.
- Roll chocolate mixture into 20gm balls and then roll through the powder mix to coat.
- Keep refrigerated before serving