- 4 medium sized ripe bananas (mashed)
- ½ cup (125ml) light flavoured olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mountain pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon myrtle
- 1 ½ teaspoon wattleseed
- 125gm cream cheese
- 65g butter softened
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (no fan).
- Place the bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork. Stir through the mountain pepper, wattleseed, lemon myrtle and cinnamon.
- Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla to the banana mix and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and mix to combine.
- Using butter (or light oil) grease a 20cm Bundt cake tin (or round cake tin). Make sure this is done thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into cake tin. Cook for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cool completely before icing.
- To make icing, use hand beaters or an electric mixer to combine all ingredients. Mix well until light and fluffy.
- Ice your cake and enjoy with a good cup of tea.