A delicious Australian inspired tomato sauce with native kunzea.
This is a staple tomato sauce at the Saltbush Kitchen HQ. I enjoy it as a condiment with meats, tarts and quiches and also as an ingredient to tomato-based dishes. This sauce has a unique Australian flavour to it using native kunzea - a unique aromatic herb from Tasmania that resembles rosemary.
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees.
- On a small, deep, oven tray (lightly oiled) arrange your tomato slices leaning on each other – see pic below.
- De-seed & dice the chilli.
- Squash & roughly chop the garlic.
- Evenly sprinkle The Campfire Salt, kunzea, sugar, chilli & garlic over the tomatoes.
- Evenly drizzle the balsamic vinegar & olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 40mins then remove and using tongs turn the tomatoes over.
- Bake for a further 30mins.
- Remove from the oven. Allow tomatoes and juices to cool and then blitz in a food processor.
- Store in the fridge.