This is a recipe from a great friend of Saltbush Kitchen, Katrine from Maggie & Kate Café in Buninyong, with the yummy addition of Australian native wattleseed. The wattleseed adds an extra nutty flavour.
It is a great recipe to make with kids but be warned you will eat A LOT of cookies!!!
If you want to ‘step-up’ the choc chips you can use raw Cacao Nibs. Visit the local Ballarat crew at Grounded Pleasures for some. And thanks to local photographer Jo O’Kelly for this gorgeous photo of her biscuits! (She used the cocao nibs). Happy baking!
- 150gm Softened Butter
- 100gm Caster Sugar
- 100gm Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tsp Wattleseed
- 300gm Self Raising Flour
- 200gm Dark Choc Chips (or 150gm raw cocoa nibs)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla & wattleseed until pale & fluffy
- Add egg and beat until well combined
- Add flour and mix until well combined
- Add 140gm of choc chips (or nibs) and mix
- Portion mixture into 35gm portions and roll into balls
- Add the remaining choc chips (or nibs) on top
- Place on a lined baking tray (leave room for spreading)
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until golden
Makes 24 cookies